Government College in Lahore opened in 1877 based on a design by the British architect W. Pardon. Adjacent to Anarkali Bazaar and the walled city, it cost over 3 lakh rupees at the time, and the Neo-Gothic clock tower is 176 feet high.
A crystal-clear collotype of an institution founded in 1860, and and vastly expanded in 1897 thanks to a grant from philanthropist Sardar Sir Chinubhai Madhavalal Bert.
Government College (now a university) is one of the oldest colleges in Pakistan and currently has more than 6000 students and 300 faculty members. Many of Pakistan's elite and ruling classes studied or taught here, including the poets Dr.
The third oldest college in India, this Gothic building and campus was opened in 1868 and has since become a leading post-graduate research institute.
La Martiniere College initially consisted of a splendid eighteenth century residence, to which other structures have been added over the years.
Better known as Aitchison College, the name it was given shortly after the foundation stone of this building was lain in 1886, "Chief's College" still continued to be used long afterwards given that it was originally founded in Ambala as a school for