The Ceylon Pavilion

The Ceylon Pavilion

1924
Publisher No.: 
7023
13.80x
8.90cm

[Original caption]The Ceylon Pavilion with its four entrance lamps at Kandy is a faithful copy of the old Kandyan style of architecture, the panels and circular moonstones of the doorway having been rbought from Ceylon. Here are on exhibit rubber and some of the articles made therefrom, and other products of the island, together with its arts and crafts, and here can be obtained a cup of Ceylon tea "served as it should be served." [end]

Charles E. Flowers was Tuck's chief postcard artist, and so integral had the Temple of the Buddha's Holy Tooth become in Kandy, it a replica was made for the 1924 British Empire Exhibition in London.