A really well hand-tinted postcard, the boys foregrounded in unflinching skin tones while master is enveloped in white.
Founded in 1866, this school was founded in 1866 and soon took over this former home of a Viceroy. It remains a premiere educational institution in India, and has grown to serving almost a thousand students from a few dozen in the early days.
A crystal-clear collotype of an institution founded in 1860, and and vastly expanded in 1897 thanks to a grant from philanthropist Sardar Sir Chinubhai Madhavalal Bert.
Madan Mohan Malaviya (1861-1946) was an Indian politician, notable for his role in the freedom struggle and his efforts to eliminate the caste system, as well as co-founding Banaras Hindu University in 1916. This was part of a series by Karachi-based
Better known as Aitchison College, the name it was given shortly after the foundation stone of this building was lain in 1886, "Chief's College" still continued to be used long afterwards given that it was originally founded in Ambala as a school for
Probably the earliest postcard of Government College, Lahore (now renamed Government College University or GCU), and mislabeled by the publisher, Fred Bremner )he got it right on future versions). It's main, church-like building was completed in 1877
Founded in 1847 by Sir Henry Lawrence, what is now the Lawrence School is a prestigious boarding school that serves much of the country's elite and the middle-class aspiring to join that elite.
The Staff College for the British Indian army was moved here in 1907 and became the main senior training center until Partition; since then it is the Pakistan army's main educational facility.