Colaba Causeway, Bombay.

Colaba Causeway, Bombay.

ca. 1905
13.80x
8.60cm

The Colaba Causeway, now known as Bhagat Singh Road, was opened in 1838 and connected Colaba and what was known as Old Woman's Island with the mainland of Bombay. Today a number of major institutions are serviced by the road, including the National Gallery of Modern ART (NGMA) and the former Prince of Wales Museum, now Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Museum. Note the street car, bullock cart, horse cart and what seems to be a road flattener to the left of center.

More at Wikipedia.