[Original caption] Government House - Calcutta has been called a City of palaces: Government House is the Palace of the Viceroy.
One owner of this card, not postmarked, wrote on the back: "Parliament Building, New Delhi cribbed from the Colosseum at Rome."
The photograph was probably taken soon after is was opened in January 1927 to serve the Imperial Legislative Council.
India House in London, with "1931" pencilled in on the back, so made soon after the building was inaugurated in July 1930. Now the High Commission for India, it was consciously planned in the 1920s as a way for the Indian Government, though still
Formed in 1865, the Governor's Bodyguard was a colorful, often-illustrated cavalry in their red and white uniforms and mustachioed Rajput horsemen.