The very popular Jehangir Kothari Parade and Lady Lloyd Pier on the Clifton Beach in Karachi.
This major Karachi landmark was a gift by eminent Karachi citizen Jehangir Kothari to the city. The foundation stone was laid by Sir George Lloyd in 1919 and the pier inaugurated by his wife Lady Lloyd in 1921. The parade includes a kiosk with an elliptical roof built with Gizri (the local name for the district) limestone and Jodhpur stone. It also has an octagonal seat. There is an old Hindu temple here that predates the pier, and this spot remains one of the most popular local Karachi evening spots with splendid views of the Arabian Sea. Unfortunately, the city-facing side was recently much diminished by a modern flyway.