Lord Dalhousie brought the Burmese Pagoda from Prome in Burma in 1854 as a token of conquest of an area that was ruled as part of the British Raj. Postcards of the Pagoda were very common, curiously refracting the original intent and feeding on its unusual nature in a public park. The original wooden structure rotted away with the passage of time but has been restored and is still a city landmark.
Calcutta. Burmese Pagoda Eden Gardens.