[Original caption] Clive Street, Calcutta.
[Original caption] Gwalior Fortress has figured in Indian history since the sixth-century and is situated on a precipitous, flat-topped, isolated sandstone hill, 300 feet above the town.
[Original caption] A beautiful palace of red sandstone built either by Akbar (1556-1605) or by Jahanghir (1605-1627). The great central court, its pillars, the carving and ornamentation, are all pure Hindu.
This is what collectors call a "brushstroke" postcard, where the printer has slightly embossed the image.
[Original caption] Catholic Cathedral, Lahore. Among the many fine buildings in modern Lahore the noble church in the picture is well worthy of notice. The many trees in its vicinity give quite an English appearance.
[Original caption] Government House - Calcutta has been called a City of palaces: Government House is the Palace of the Viceroy.
[Original caption] Dhurmtollah Musjid. One of the busiest localities of Calcutta. It is noticeable that in Dhurmtollah Lane, the names on the shops and offices are all native names while close by in Dhurmtollah Street they are chiefly European.
[Original caption] Sheveegeena Pagoda, Pagan, Burmah. The golden pagoda at Pagan, 900 years ago, of the Burmah empire. The site is now a desert, forced labour employed for the building of these temples having ruined its prosperity. [end]
[Original caption] Wazir Khan's Mosque (Inner Part) Lahore. The mosque was designed in Hidayat-ul-lah, faithful servant of Wazir Khan and was built in 1634. The brick walls are covered with beautiful inlaid work, a kind of mosaic of glazed pottery