Better known as Aitchison College, the name it was given shortly after the foundation stone of this building was lain in 1886, "Chief's College" still continued to be used long afterwards given that it was originally founded in Ambala as a school for
Probably the earliest postcard of Government College, Lahore (now renamed Government College University or GCU), and mislabeled by the publisher, Fred Bremner )he got it right on future versions). It's main, church-like building was completed in 1877
[Original caption] Golden Mosque, Lahore. This mosque has three gilt domes and was built in 1753 by Bikhari Khan, a favorite of the widow of Mir Mannu, who governed Lahore a short time after her husband's death.
The dominant presence in the city when the British took control of Lahore 1848 was not the Mughals, but the Sikhs.
A beautiful example by one of the premiere Lahore coloured postcard publishers, Peshawar-based D.C. Mehra and Sons.
[Original caption] Chief Court, Lahore. This fine building is in the late Pathan style of the 14th century.
Lala Lajpat Rai (1865–1928) Lahore by Brij Basi & Sons shows a Punjabi lawyer whose death a few weeks after an attack by a British constable on September 30, 1928 enraged a large swathe of the Indian public; he was subsequently a popular postcard
The Chaburji gateway is the entrance to a lost Mughal garden. Apparently built around the 1640s, its construction is linked to the Mughal Emperor Akbar's daughter, Zebunnissa Begum.
[Original caption] General Post Office, Lahore. Lahore is the capital of the Punjab Province of India. Its origin is legendary and uncertain, but it is referred to by a Chinese pilgrim in the 7th century.